Company concludes record fiscal year as the largest global distributor of linear OTT with over 700 live channels and over 200,000 new VOD titles.
Toronto, Canada – July 21, 2015
Quickplay, the global expert in powering premium video to any device, concluded its fiscal year and announced it can reach one billion addressable viewers via its market-leading managed video platform service. In response to increased demand for OTT video services globally, Quickplay has up-scaled its service platform to become one of the largest end-to-end managed service providers globally, giving rise to a 44% growth in recurring revenue since July 2014.
Recent figures released by Quickplay show that consumer demand for Next Generation TV services continues to grow at an exceptional pace. Fiscal year-end results reflect sustained growth in managed services and increased scope and scale in the Quickplay platform to underpin new services and expansion into key markets.
Fiscal Year 2015 Business Highlights
- 65% YOY gain in video-on-demand (VOD) hours and 25% growth in linear over the top (OTT) channels as the company secured content connections to 250 premium content providers covering Hollywood to Bollywood for clients such as AT&T, Bell, Rogers, TELUS, and Singtel.
- Introduced next-generation offer for content providers and publishers to reach audiences with premium services including OTT TV, innovative originated channels and managed broadcast operations, first launched with AccuWeather (with distribution through Verizon FiOS).
- Led market expansion into APAC region with addition of delivery centre in India – now home to 25% of Quickplayers; bolstered by rollout of HOOQ – Asia’s new OTT service from Singtel, Sony Pictures Television and Warner Bros. Entertainment – in the Philippines, Thailand and India, with additional deployments slated into 2016.
- Secured $57 million (Canadian) in growth capital from private equity owner Madison Dearborn Partners, financing partner Orix Ventures and Difference Capital Financial in March 2015 to accelerate expansion strategy and footprint, further enhanced with the acquisition of Roundbox, a leading technology provider of the promising 4G LTE Broadcast technology.
- “Disruption in the premium video industry has fuelled successive years of strong growth and business expansion for Quickplay and we see this accelerating; these figures highlight the value and scale of Quickplay’s global managed services. We will continue to strengthen our position by investing in platform enhancements, further build our partner ecosystem, and provide the most open, efficient, scalable, and robust solution in the market,” said Wayne Purboo, CEO and co-founder of Quickplay. “Our recent investments in our head-end and middleware as well as our acquisition of Roundbox will accelerate our ability to deliver exceptional value, speed to market, and operational agility for content programmers and operators with Next Generation TV solutions and leading-edge services such as 4G LTE Broadcast. We look forward to working with our customers and our market-leading partners in FY16”.
Quickplay will be exhibiting at the IBC show in Amsterdam from September 11-15, in Hall 14, Stand Number 14.D27, where representatives will demonstrate its latest platform enhancements enabling Next Generation TV.
Backed by a decade of experience, Quickplay is the global expert in powering TV over any device, allowing premium video service providers to focus on growing their business. Quickplay’s proven services leverage an open platform, cloud economics, and best-of-breed partners so providers can move faster, operate leaner, and offer the best TV experience anywhere. With facilities and experts in Toronto, San Diego, Singapore, Chennai, and Frankfurt, Quickplay enables hundreds of millions of viewers around the globe to fast forward to a next generation of TV with over 700 live channels, 4,000 live events each year, and two million securely-managed premium content assets. Quickplay has successfully launched multiscreen video services for the likes of Verizon, AT&T, Rogers, Bloomberg, Bell and TELUS, Singtel and AccuWeather.
Quickplay, its marks, trademarks, and logos are the exclusive property of Quickplay Incorporated and may only be reproduced with the express written authorization of Quickplay.
For press inquiries contact:
Emma Walsh / Ryan Waters
Liberty Comms on behalf of QuickPlay Media
+44 207 751 4444