We are looking for a dynamic team player to join our IT Operations team. Reporting to the Manger, IT Operations, this position is responsible for administering NAS/SAN storage, system virtualization and Unix and/or Linux systems.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, College degree in an applicable program or equivalent.
- Participate in design and architecture phases of development and infrastructure projects. Ensure that the design conforms to high availability architecture of the production infrastructure.
- Support, maintain and continually improve SAN/NAS and virtualization infrastructure in a rapidly growing, geographically distributed environment.
- Lead and manage infrastructure projects and initiatives as assigned. Ensure the design and implementation of new or incremental infrastructure adheres to corporate high availability and security standards. Document and train other staff members on the operation of new infrastructure.
- Perform Tier 2 and 3 incident management on development and production environments. Assume ownership for production problems, work with other team members, developers, and third parties to identify and resolve root cause issues. Responsible for on call duty in rotating shift with other team members.
Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of experience in SAN/NAS design, build and administration with focus on Netapp storage appliances.
- 6+ years of experience in virtualization design, build and administration with focus on VMWare.
- Expert knowledge of SAN/NAS design, implementation, clustering, replication, high availability, multi-pathing and performance tuning
- Expert knowledge in backup/restore operations with focus on network storage appliances.
- Expert knowledge in virtualization design, implementation, troubleshooting, high availability, performance tuning and virtual development environments.
- Excellent knowledge of commercial Unix and Linux hardware and software which may include the following: Sun, IBM, Solaris and Red Hat.
- Excellent analytical, communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to excel in an environment where a high level of initiative and self discipline are imperative for success.
Interested Applicants are invited to send a resume to email@example.com.
Please include the Position Title in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.